As Proposal Development Coordinator at NLR, you closely work with colleagues to set up partnerships with foundations, NGOs, bilateral and multilateral organisations and build fundraising capacity. With your result-oriented attitude and cultural sensitivity, you support efforts to increase institutional funding across the NLR Alliance.
At NLR – until No Leprosy Remains, in the Netherlands better known as Leprastichting, we are dedicated to working towards a world without leprosy. Every year over 200,000 people are diagnosed with leprosy worldwide. NLR is an international NGO that aims for a world without leprosy and its consequences. In our strategy we focus on Zero Transmission, Zero Disability and Zero Exclusion.
NLR is a strong believer in collaboration. NGOs with the same mission in Brazil, Indonesia, India, Nepal and Mozambique are part of the NLR Alliance and are supported by our international office based in Amsterdam. As an active partner in international networks such as the Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy and the International Federation of Anti-Leprosy Associations (ILEP), together we make a significant impact towards our mission.
Tasks and Responsibilities
As Proposal Development Coordinator, you are based at the international office in Amsterdam and are part of our dedicated Institutional Fundraising Unit, within the Programme Department, with ambitious fundraising goals. You report to the Senior Proposal Development Coordinator, and are responsible for the following:
Identify potential donors, build partnerships and develop proposals (75%)
- Identify prospects and take the necessary steps to contact them and cultivate the relationship;
- Think in opportunities while pinpointing and contacting potential consortium partners;
- Play a key role in initiating, building and coordinating new partnerships leading to concrete fundraising results;
- Track calls for proposals and other opportunities, judge the relevancy and share applicable ones;
- Set up and coordinate project teams during the proposal development stage;
- Develop high quality project proposals for foundations, governments, multilaterals and other organisations, together with NLR colleagues;
- Encourage and support colleagues to develop business cases for future funding.
Support colleagues from Alliance members in partnership building and fundraising efforts, and carry out other relevant partnership activities (25%)
- Provide customised support to colleagues within NLR Alliance, mainly with regards to donor cultivation, alliance building and proposal development;
- Help Alliance members to gather relevant input for international partnership opportunities;
- Provide management and other colleagues with timely and correct information for quality assurance and communication purposes;
- Keep colleagues up to date on relevant developments in institutional fundraising and translate these into actions for NLR;
- Actively contribute to partnership development strategy and planning of international office.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a relevant discipline;
- You have several years of experience, and a proven track record in successfully coordinating institutional fundraising/partnership development operations, preferably with governments and multilateral organisations;
- You have experience in bringing the right people together and leading them to reach successful fundraising results;
- You proactively translate ideas into action, and your hands-on attitude wants to get things done;
- When the pressure is on, you know how to keep your head cool and you remain accurate in your work;
- Cultural sensitivity comes as second nature to you;
- You are fluent in English and have a good understanding of Dutch.
- You enjoy sharing fundraising knowledge and experience in order to encourage the development of new fundraising ideas;
- You preferably have working knowledge of Portuguese.
This is the opportunity to work within a highly motivated international team with an outstanding global track record in the world of leprosy. About 180 colleagues work in Mozambique, India, Indonesia, Nepal and Brazil and another 40 are based in Amsterdam. There is lots of space for your own initiative. Our international office is located within short walking distance from Amsterdam Amstel Station. Additionally, we offer the following:
- A position for 32 to 38 hours/week;
- Gross monthly salary between €3,477 and €4,870 (based on 38 hours/week);
- 4% year-end bonus and 8% holiday bonus;
- 25 days annual leave a year + 5 days extra leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Contract for one year with possible extension;
- Flexibility in working hours and working from home;
- Contribution of nearly 60% towards your pension fund;
How to apply
Han Valk Fundraising Consultancy is responsible for the recruitment. Interested and qualified candidates are invited to send a motivation letter and resume (including salary expectations and three references) in English via this platform. Please mention the name of the position in the subject line.
NLR strives for equal opportunities for everyone. We encourage people with a disability to apply. We also encourage applicants to respond as soon as possible as all applications will be processed and evaluated on a rolling basis and the position may be filled sooner than the closing date.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who are based in the Netherlands – or willing to relocate – and who have permission to work in the country.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!