NLR believes that collaboration is crucial. That is why we work closely together with other organizations and international networks such as ILEP, Global Partnership for Zero Leprosy and the WHO. NLR is a global forerunner in conducting and promoting leprosy research and driving evidence-based innovation.
Programme Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Officer (28-32h)
In 2019 and 2020 NLR developed a Multi Annual Strategy, its Theory of Change, and a PMEL policy that includes qualitative and quantitative approaches and builds on the three Zero Programmes.
As PMEL Officer, you guide the NLR Alliance in its continuous PMEL policy development and implementation, and provide advice to alliance members on PMEL matters ranging from smaller projects to alliance-broad multi-country programmes. As PMEL Officer, you stimulate reflection and learning at different levels throughout the organisation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Development and implementation of NLR’s policy
- Builds on existing PMEL System and makes sure all components are in line with the NLR Multi Annual strategy and PMEL policy
- Ensures the use of Grants and Programme Management (GPM) system Ajuda for PMEL
- Ensures international and alliance-wide learning, based on PME information, in order to strengthen future interventions
- Ensures that the Theory of Change is used and implemented as the basis of our programmes and projects
Advice and support
- Provides input for large international programmes as well as proposals for our institutional fundraising team
- Strengthens PMEL in the Alliance by guiding, training and advising colleagues in NLR international and Alliance Members
- Ensures translation of PMEL information into relevant management information
- Contributes to the use of the PMEL policy for communication and fundraising purposes, including NLR’s (Multi) Annual Report.
- Provides guidance to the Program Support Officer in her PMEL support tasks and stimulate her development in PMEL
- Advises and supports Programme Managers in PMEL of our large Multi-Country Programmes
- Is the PMEL go-to person for every colleague at NLR International and all Alliance Members
Monitoring and Reporting
- Develops and implements PMEL tools and methodologies in order to report to stakeholders’ needs
- Coordinates, together with the Finance Department, the multi annual as well as annual planning and reporting cycles of the Alliance
- Supports NLR’s IATI reporting where relevant
The PMEL Officer should:
- Have a master’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Have 5 years of experience with PMEL;
- Have experience in guiding and coaching staff
- Be focused on results and have a proactive approach
- Have pleasure in working with people from different backgrounds
- Have the ability to bridge between theory and practice
- Preferably have experience in programme management
- Be fluent in Dutch and English both spoken and written, and preferably also in Portuguese;
- Be willing and able to travel internationally.
A challenging job in a dynamic organization and workforce, with highly motivated and professional colleagues. You will work in an international team where there is room for your ideas and innovations. In addition to that we offer the following:
- Gross monthly salary between €3.477 and €4.870 (based on 38h)
- Contract for a year with potential for extension
- 4% year-end bonus
- 25 vacation days + 5 extra free days
- Travel allowance
- Flexibility in hours and workspace
- Contribution of nearly 60% to your pension fund
Think in opportunities
- Share your motivation and resume before the 4th of January through vacaturesNLR@leprastichting.nl.
- Questions about the vacancy can be directed to Gerrit de Vries, the Head of the Programmes Department available on +31652314369
- The first interview will take place on the 11th of January through Microsoft Teams or Zoom. If you are not available on this date, please mention this in your application stating an alternative date.
- The second interview will most likely take place on the 15th of January, the same applies here.
- NLR strives for equal opportunities for everyone, we encourage people with a disability to apply for this job
- Look for more information on our website: leprastichting.nl and www.nlrinternational.org.